Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Celtic Wisdom---Eternity

This was a a series that, once again, took on a life of it's own.  I found the pewter Celtic Knot in the button section of a fabric store, and that started the process. 

The round, flat 'calendar' beads were a lucky find, and I already had the pearls.  In the back of my mind I had been trying to find a way to combine them; opposite in shape and color as day and night...

Finally, the large 'Sunrise/Sunset' fire-polished Czech glass beads add the final link to the bracelet and an ancient narrative.

 




Jewelry photography can be tricky, but in a stroke of good luck, the setting sunlight hit these earrings giving them an other-worldly glow.

One of the things I like the best about this is the wide range of wearability it affords.  They will look good with jeans or business casual, even some evening dress. 

Thank you for stopping by!

These items are available for purchase at my Artfire Studio


ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

No comments:

Post a Comment