Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blue---Musings on A Series


R. to L. from top left corner: Family Tree, Empire ,(Necklace), Funky Chunky, Crystal Blue Persuasion, Venetian (necklace)  Capri, Empire Earrings, Empire Bracelet, Venetian Earrings, Something Blue, Lake Helen (earrings), Lake Helen (bracelet), Regency, Avalina Blue and White (2) and Cobalt & Sterling.



Blue: one of my favorite colors.  Blue/green, probably my favorite color combination when it is done right.  I find these colors very soothing to look at. And very exciting to work with.
This is the largest series I have EVER done, with 16 pieces.  Because my design mind works ahead of the present, I was ready to this to be over about 1/2 way thru.  In my mind I was already on my next series. 

However, once I would get going, I became very engrossed.  The more engrossed I became, the more creative I was.

I bought these glass baubles a few months ago, with no idea what I was going to do with them!  But they turned out great!



Likewise, I'd had these tiny glass tear drops for a while and was not quite sure how I was going to use them.    The earrings are really graceful and beautiful.  And I love the brushed metal  beads in the bracelet.

I found these bold, cobalt glass cut tear drops, and the colour was too phenomenal to pass on.  They matched the blue and white round porcelain beads I'd had on had for sometime, and I knew I needed to  put them together somehow. 




When I found these acrylic crystals, I was sure I had stumbled on the most beautiful shade of blue ever.  Not a clue as to what to do with them at that time.  I just liked them!  But I love the way they turned out!



I had such a huge conclomerations of beads after working on this project I did not want to be left with alot of loose ends.  And what is a 16 piece collection without one of my famous charm bracelets?  That is how "Family Tree" was concieved. 



 Not about to bore you with blow by blow on each piece, just picked out a few of my faves.  All are available for viewing and purchase at Juxta-Pose on Artfire.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment